Wednesday 28 August 2013

#PFWA: Nomination show. Week 4.

It was another night of sweet music and performances from the contestants. First to perform was Jimoh.



 JIMOH:  Sacrifice - Elton John

GABBIE- Too simple.  Too safe.  5/10.

LADY J- I was sitting in front of my tv but this performance passed like it never happened. 4/10.

L- Dead, very bland start. I just didn't understand what was going on. 3/10.

 ROLAND: Careless Whispers – George Michael

GABBIE - It felt too forced.  He should have sang a bit softer . It was a good effort. To show emotion doesn’t mean to frown all through Rolly. 5.5/10.

LADY J- Roland has a soothing voice, I liked his performance. 6/10.

L- He didn't start off well, but he picked up and it was niceee. 6.5/10.

 NANCY- Flash Dance – Irene Cara

GABBIE- I did not like this rendition at all. It was boring. I don’t know why she dint perform the song as powerful as the original. She has a nice voice. 4/10.

LADY J- Nancy hasn't quite figured herself yet, this is understandable as she only just got into the academy. I thought she screamed for the most past and her voice was all over the place. 5/10.

L- Her voice was shaking, she was screaming. it was a bad performance. 2/10.

 DAVID:   I just want to be close to you – Maxi Priest

GABBIE- I wasn’t feeling the arrangement of the song sha. I kinda liked it…. I think maybe cos of the rap thingie he threw in there. It was alright. Cute David. 6/10.

LADY J- David has completely embraced his inner rockstar which makes his performances delightful to watch. He made the song his own and pulled it off well. 7/10.

L- Apart from the rap which was very good, it was a very average performance. He only picked up when the rap started. 5/10.

 JOHNNY:  You’re beautiful – James Blunt

GABBIE- I don’t get this jacket Johnny was in. This wasn’t bad coming from Johhny o. Yes I agree with Bibi, this is certainly one of his best performances. 6.5/10.

LADY J- For the first time since the competition started, Johnny gave a performance worth commending. He sang well. He needs to work on connecting with his audience, I always find his performances rather boring. 6/10.

L- Ehen! This is the journey i know. Fear of elimination neh? He performed well, he took his time and showed his vocal range. Nice. 7/10.

  MARGARET Believe – Cher

GABBIE- I was waiting for that high bridge to see how she was gonna hit it. She did a nice job with this performance. She went off at some point but she redeemed herself and stepped it up. 6.5/10.

LADY J- Margaret didn't start well but she picked up very quickly. I heard lots of screaming when she hit high notes 5.5/10.

L- The beginning was not ok, but she was okay. 5.5/10.

 BLESSING: Irreplaceable – Beyonce

GABBIE- First off, what was her ensemble about? This was totally off for Blessing. She was changing ones here, there everywhere. Uncle Ben sure had wax in his ears. It was not good at all. 3/10 .

LADY J- Hey girl, you are not king Beyonce, let her songs be #nuffsaid 4/10

L- Terrible performance. that is all. 3/10.

OMOLAYO:  Sexy thing – Hot Chocolate

GABBIE- The shoulder pads on that coat wanna swallow the boy. What did Omolayo  drink o? It was fun(ny) to watch. Them moves and all. I liked it. It was a real good one Omolayo. 7.5/10.

LADY J- Omolayo is out of his shell and blooming like a pretty flower. He sang well and made excellent use of the stage. I really liked his performance 7.5/10.

L- Omolayo just showing off his vocals. Guy has found his foot in the game, He sang, performed and danced. 8/10.

OLAWALE:  Give me the night – George Benson

GABBIE- I’m on the fence with this one. I dint like it and I dint hate it.  I don’t know if it because he kinda switched the arrangement of the song. 5/10.

LADY J- Average performance. Nothing commendable, no wow moments. 4/10

L- To be honest, i can't remember this performance, that's how ordinary it was. just take 5/10.

 SIMON:   That’s the way I like it – KC and the Sunshine band

GABBIE- I thought this was the perfect song for Simon but he dint groove it at all. I don’t know why he was holding back or what he was holding back for. Step it up Simon! Still my boy though!
 5/10

LADY J- Looks like Simon thought since he gave his all last week, he wasn't  supposed to put his back into it this time. 4.5/10

L- Disappointed, very average. 4/10.

 IMMACULATE: All in all -  Joyce Sims

GABBIE- She always has fun or enjoys her performance. She did too with this one. I think she got tired at some point cos she sounded out of breath in some parts of the song. 6/10.

LADY J- Immaculate performed a very difficult song but still aced it. I love how she exudes energy and confidence and gets into the groove. I loved the little pidgin thing at the end 7.5/10

L- She struggles intitally, but came back better. 6/10.

NINI: I will survive – Gloria Gaynor

GABBIE- She had right from the first note. Nini delivered well this week.  Huge improvement from last week’s performance.  I liked it.  7/10

LADY J- Nini has shown great improvement and I really appreciate this show of resilience. She was in control of her voice and she was well. 6/10

L- It was a fantastic performance.7/10.


FINAL THOUGHTS

GABBIE- The judges put them all on probation. I agree with the judges here. The show in general was below par. The contestants have to step up their game next week.  Remember to vote for your favorite contestant this week. 

LADY J- I found the weeks show very boring as i wasn't feeling the weeks theme and choice of songs. Most performances were bland and All contestants were placed on probation, I don't think this was necessary anyway as some performances definitely had an edge over others. 

L- I'm truly disappointed in everyone. And they all deserved to be put on probation except for Omolayo and Nini. The rest struggled, do you think you are in the academy to joke. Anyway vote to keep your favourite, remember this week anybody can leave.












No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis