Wednesday 28 August 2013

#PFWA; Elimination show ; Ayoka leaves the academy.

The contestants started the evening  with tribute to JAMES BROWN and RAY CHARLES of blessed memory. It was a wonderful performance.



NINI:   Miss you like crazy – Natalie Cole

GABBIE- loved it! Nini (look like a headmistress with those glasses on) brought her game face on. She was playing with her voice doing all those transitions beautifully and smoothly.   It was a great improvement from last week.8/10

LADY J- Nini came back better and stronger. She sang and interpreted her song convincingly, she definitely understood what she was fighting for. For the first time,her transitions were smooth and she was in control of her voice. I loved it 7/10.

L- I liked this, she improved.Smooth transitions. 7/10.

 JOHNNY:   Gotta get you home – Eugene Wilde
  
GABBIE- He was projecting deep breaths into the mic. It was quite annoying. Johnny’s performance was quite on the plain side tonight. Din’t enjoy it.2.5/10

LADY J- Abeg I'm tired of Johnny, this performance was the most uneventful I've had the displeasure of watching in a minute.... And what's that slurpy sound he makes like he's running out of breath?  2/10

L- Johnny is not ready.3/10.

 JIMOH:    Show me the meaning – Backstreet boys

GABBIE- This was a smooth performance. I liked the flow from start to finish. Nice one Jimoh.7/10.

LADY J- Jimoh gave a better rendition this time but he still didn't slay it. I spent the whole time wondering why I wasn't getting connected. Fair effort though. 5/10

L- There was an improvement. He tried even though i saw him struggling. 6/10.

  AYOKA: Have you ever – Brandy

GABBIE- It was safe and nice just like last weeks performance.

LADY J- Ayoka came back a little better but I still think there's a lot she could have done with this song. I wasn't really  impressed 5/10.

L- Always shouting, same as last week. 5/10.

West Africa saved Jimoh, Faculty saved Niniola and the contestants saved Johnny. Ayoka was evicted from the academy.


FINAL THOUGHTS.

GABBIE-  Jimoh got the highest votes from the viewers. 
  Nini was saved by the faculty. She earned this with her performance tonight.
  Johnny was saved by the contestants. Based on tonight’s performance, I wish they had saveD Ayoka.
AYOKA was eliminated. We wish her all the best on life and hope she keeps singing.6.5/10

LADY J- Jimoh was saved by the voting public (I wonder why), Niniola being saved by the faculty wasn't a surprise because she gave the most outstanding performance of the evening and showed will to remain in the academy. Johnny was saved by his co-contestants *insert not interested smiley* 
I should haaaate that Johnny wasn't eliminated but I'm not as burnt cos Ayoka has had her fair share of ups and downs. I wish her luck for the future.

L- Johnny should thank his God, he didn't deserve to stay more than 5 second in the house after that horrendous performance. Goodluck to Ayoka.

I'm really sorry this post came late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis