Tuesday 13 August 2013

#PFWA: Nomination show; Week 2 Review.

It was the second nomination show of the season and the contestants performed different Nigerian hits. Ayoka was the first to hit the stage.



Ayoka performed  'I Wish' by Waje.

GABBIE- Nice song choice, she did okay with her rendition. I wish she portrayed softer/ vulnerable emotions while singing. Not a bad one. 5.5/10.

LADY J- Ayoka started well then almost ruined the performance but she held on. I noticed that she screamed every time she tried to hit high notes which made her sound off-key. It was a fair effort 6/10

L- I didn't like the beginning of the song. Ayoka ruined the performance for me with her screams, she needs to learn how to balance her voice. 5/10.

 SIMON: Malo nogede – Timaya

GABBIE-Why this song na? Vocally, wasn’t feeling my boy tonight. He was out of breath a couple of times. However, he had really good stage presence and he rocked. Mad support from the crowd too. 7/10.

LADY J- This performance was entertaining and held my attention from start to finish. His vocals weren't so great but I can't fault him considering that the song has so many words and doesn't let you showcase your vocals anyway. He worked the crowd and got people on their feet. Very interesting performance 8/10.

L- He looked the part, beautiful performance. he performed and he sand and he danced. 8/10.

HENRY: Yes, No – Banky W

GABBIE- Nice song choice, sorry delivery. There was so much to do with this song and Henry just let it slide.  4.5/10.

LADY J- Henry didn't do this song justice at all, all I could see was an old-papa-youngie doing some cheesy dance on stage. He looked like he was calculating every move and trying hard to not forget his steps. I didn't like 4.5/10.

L- Bad song choice for Henry. And he was really trying to do the Banky dance moves which made everything awkward. It was all over the place. 4/10.

MARGARET: Make we jolly -  Chidinma

GABBIE- Quite an unpopular song but she did quite well with it.6/10.

LADY J- I think Margaret concentrated on the performance and forgot the singing. I thought she sang too fast, there were a number of flat notes in there. I didn't quite like 5/10.

L- Margaret should really watch it, all i heard was noice, she looked like she enjoyed what she was doing. It was an average performance. Margaret is now a full blown babe oo. I like. 6/10.

BLESSING: Iheneme – Tuface

GABBIE- Didn't like the song choice. The performance was quite bleh. I only liked the way she ended it. 5/10.

LADY J- If you've ever watched Tuface perform, you'll agree that what makes his performances is his act and not necessarily the singing so I've always believed that only very few people can pull his songs off. Blessing didn't change my perception, she sounded so nasal. Tried to throw dance moves here and there but no, it didn't werk for me. 4/10.

L- As with all  her previous performances, this is no different. It did not work for me. 4.5/10.

ROLAND: Ile Ijo – May D

GABBIE- Tehehehe……….. Bros was trying to roll his waist oh. Roland was struggling but he seemed to enjoy his struggle. 4/10

LADY J- Roland surprised me. I've always thought he looks too serious and worried so I was scared for him when I heard his song choice but he brought it. He had me singing and dancing along. He was able to balance singing and performing very well. I loved it 7.5/10.

L- I liked it, but why was he standing on a spot swinging his legs and one hand? brother move round that stage next time. The stage is yours.7/10.

JIMOH:  So le – Sean tizzle

GABBIE- I like Jimoh’s delivery of the song. A few rushed moments here and there but Jimoh did quite good tonight. 6/10.

LADY J- I don't think Jimoh sang much. All I heard was "sholee.... Jones.. Indiana" from time to time. The song is hella catchy though so it was entertaining regardless. Its a groovy song, he looked happy doing it. I liked it 6.5/10.

L- Last week, i suggested they give Jimoh Apala or Juju to perform, glad he had to sing so lee, he improved but still Average. 5/10.

DAVID: Limpopo – Kcee

GABBIE- This David is a cutie o. He was in character throughout his performance. He had good breath control and was on key all through. He even did the pelvic thrust dance lol! Nice one Davosky. 7.5/10.

LADY J- When I heard his song choice I didn't think he would do the song justice because its completely out of his comfort zone but he proved me wrong. I was really impressed with his movement on stage, he got his Limpopo on. The crowd loved it, so did I. 8/10.

L- Oh! Gabbie, take your eyes off him. David is yummy, now back to the matter. David performed, he danced, he enjoyed what he was doing, the audience enjoyed it. Though at some point he was barely audible. 7/10.

NINIOLA: Olorun mi – Tiwa Savage

GABBIE- Nice song choice. She started off well until she started shouting and went off key. Maybe cos it was so emotional for her. 5/10.

LADY J- I picked a couple of flat notes in this performance though she sang very passionately and interpreted the song well. The crowd liked it 6/10 
 
L- Nini's voice is so sweet, there was something off about the performance. She was very passionate and quite emotional about it. I watched this performance 3x and i like it. 6/10.

JOHNNY:  Jombolo – Iyanya

GABBIE- What was he wearing? Looking like a salon apprentice in those pink skinnies. His performance was quite bland. 3/10.

LADY J- Dear Johnny, its not an Iyanya/Flavour performance if we don't see fluid waist movement. 4/10.

L- for the first time i saw a bit of life in Johnny even though his waist was frozen.They need to oil that waist with engine oil. 5/10.

OMOLAYO: Like to party – Burna boy

GABBIE- Hmmmmmmmmmmm, dint expect him to nail it and he did not. His switches from high to low tones were awkward sometimes. It was fair. 5/10

LADY J- This song doesn't leave room for one to show their vocal range but we know Omolayo can sing. It was nice to see him doing something entirely different from what he did last week. 5.5/10

L- he sang and also performed. he hit some lovely notes too. Omolayo is gradually coming out of his shell. 6.5/10.

GBEMISOLA: Warn yourself – Omawumi

GABBIE- I like her song choice, it is very Gbemisola. However, she dint quite bring it today. No WOW at all unlike last week’s performance. 5/10.

LADY J- I love this song so I really wanted to see her kill it but no, the song snatched her wig instead. She looked like she was trying too hard, her dancing had me cringing every now and then 3/10.

L- I think Gbemisola was more interested in shaking her ikebe, still i liked the performance. 5/10.


 IMMACULATE: Tomorrow – Monica Ogar

GABBIE- Immaculate had her groove on as usual. Stage presence was on point. She sang, she danced, she did it all. I dint like the deliver vocally……. 6.5/10.

LADY J- Immaculate came on stage looking as cute as Jill Scott in the face. She sang brilliantly, moved well and performed like a professional. She would have totally aced a better song. 8.5/10.

L- I love this lady's confidence, she's big, beautiful and very flexible. I love this performance alot. 9/10.

 OLAWALE: Gobe – Davido

GABBIE- Started okay and then he got lost along the way and never found the path again. It was here, there, everywhere. 3/10.

LADY J- I was pretty disappointed with this performance because I expected Olawale to bring it. He tried to infuse a Fuji twist to the song which wasn't quite there. He removed the microphone from his mouth more than once when he was dancing. He should have used headsets or engaged his back-up singers if he wanted to dance like Davido 5/10

L- It's no news that Olawale loves to dance, but the dance drowned him this week. He danced and forgot to sing. 4/10.

FINAL THOUGHTS.

GABBIE- Definitely David! He did a good job tonight
 
Olawale, Henry, Johnny, Gbemisola and Blessing were placed on probation. Based on tonight’s performance I agree with the judges on all though I’d rather Roland than Blessing.
 
 I dint like most performances tonight. I thought the contestants were going to kill it but it. I dint have a single goose pimple/Wow moment. Step it up guys!

LADY J- The judges placed Henry, Johnny, Blessing, Gbemisola and Olawale on probation. All 5 didn't give stellar performances tonight so I can't disagree with the judges. Hopefully, they'll come back better during the elimination show,

L- I can't even fault the judges decision. Spot on.

Dont forget to vote your favourite contestants.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis