Monday 19 August 2013

#PFWA: Elimination show 2

Hi guys, did you have a good week? Did you vote for your favs on the show? Well lets see how your votes speak tonight.
 Unfortunately, Lady J and L are not around, so i'll be reviewing this alone.

The wild card contestants with the highest votes were Anwuli and Nancy. Both came by the show to slog it out for a spot in the academy. The both had a sing off after which the judges picked their favorite to go into the PFWA academy.


 ANWULI:  Footprints in the sand – Leona Lewis

GABBIE- I like Anwuli.  She performed well. It was a flawless rendition of a lovely song. I hope Anwuli makes it into the academy.

 NANCY: Just like a star – Corrine Bailey Ray

GABBIE- This performance was just okay. Corrine’s version of this song is so pure and beautiful. Nancy’s was just ok


JUDGES’ PICK
After the sing off, the judges unanimously picked Nancy to go into the academy. Congrats Nancy!!! My pick was Anwuli. I feel she was the package. Oh well, these things happen.

TRIBUTE TO THE LEGENDS
The contestants serenaded us to a medley of some oldies by Nigerian music legends. Sweet Mother (Prince Nico Mbarga), Seun rere (Christy Essien Igbokwe), Mother (Sunny Okosun) and Won kere si number wa (Fatai rolling dollar). It was so beautifully rendered. Kudos to all the contestants.  Nice Job!  RIP to our legends.

Okay, to the maim, main  matter: Elimination.
  JOHNNY: Jombolo – Iyanya feat. Flavor

GABBIE- Johnny stepped it up this week. He was into the song proper unlike last week’s performance. I don’t think he’ll be leaving just yet.

 HENRY: Yes, No – Banky W

GABBIE- Glad he ditched the awkward choreography. Much better than last weeks. His talk-singing thingie has been toned down quite good. I wasn’t crazy about it though. He dint perform like someone that was in it to win it. Kai, Ade Bantu and I are in sync with the comments there

BLESSING: Iheneme – Tuface

GABBIE- It was good. Connection with the audience was very good. The etighi dancing was a good way to get the crowd rilling. She’s safe. That I am sure of.

GBEMISOLA: Warn yourself – Omawumi

GABBIE- She piped down her performance this week. It was okay, not just as powerful as the song  is. She entertains well sha

OLAWALE: Gobe – Davido

GABBIE- I liked some parts and I did not like some parts. He has a really cool voice sha. Ade Bantu thought he did real good….. well, what do I know

OLAWALE: Got the highest votes and was saved from elimination
BLESSING: Was saved by the faculty
JOHNNY: Was saved by the contestants
This week, it was goodbye to Henry and Gbemisola. I wish Gbemisola stayed But I don’t know who woulda gone in her place.
All the best of luck guys, don’t give up on your dreams

5 comments:

  1. See ehn contrary to popular belief, this year's PFWA is pretty basic. Only about 2 contestants do it for me. That was why i didnt get the hype when after the opening gala people said they had many talents this year. IMO talent level this season has to be the lowest of all seasons. Its just pretty basic this time around. Still the best singing competition in naija tho by a long mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, I kinda get what you are saying... I felt that way somewhat when I watched the past the performances the past two Sundays. However, I really enjoyed yesterdays nomination show. Did you catch it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. True @kamie. Last night wasn't bad. I think the contestants are getting lazy and too comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Gbemi is one of the few who did it for me, vocals n carriage wise. Too bad she'd 2 go, I feel she wasn't saved by the contestants cos IMO she may be haughty, maybe a lil overconfident & sharp tongued, @ least that's what I perceive of her. I'm not thrilling by most of the contestants too.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis