Tuesday 17 September 2013

#PFWA: ELIMINATION SHOW; End of the road for Simon and Jimoh

The eight contestants took to the stage to pay tribute to two Reggae legends. Isaac Gregory and Lucky Dube. They performed NIGHT NURSE by ISAAC GREGORY and DIFFERENT COLOURS/ONE PEOPLE by LUCKY DUBE.

Adora and Joseph called out the least five, Simon, Jimoh, Niniola, Immaculate and Roland. It wasn't a surprise to see Simon who enjoyed massiv support from audience/viewers in the past weeks. I think Bibi's comment played a role in it. But i was shocked to see Roland and Immaculate there.
Unfortunately, Lady J isn't available today, she'll be back as soon as possible.



ROLAND:      Omoge – Mike Okri

GABBIE- It is really nice to see how comfortable Roland has become whilst performing. Roland worked well with the band, the crowd and totally owned his performance. 7.5/10.

L- Roland has improved tremendously, he's a fighter. I liked this performance. 7/10.

 NINI:     Angolo – Angelique Kidjo
GABBIE- I totally agree with TY’s comment, this was definitely better than last week’s performance.  7/10

L- It was just there for me. To be honest. 6/10.

SIMON:   African Style – Bright Chimieze
GABBIE- This song is full of words. Remembering the words alone is some full time job. I gotta give it to Simon for not missing out or mixing up some words. While it wasn’t much of a fight for a spot in the academy, I still liked it. 7/10

L- He improved, i didn't see anything boring about it as madam Bibi said. It wasn't his best but better than the last week.6.5/10.

JIMOH:     Send down the rain – Majek Fashek

GABBIE- I little more reggae was thrown into tonight’s performance. I actually prefer last week’s performance with the R&B flow. It was still a good one. 7/10.

L- I'm still surprised, 'bland Jimoh' wasn't bland. Jimoh's best performance so far. It was lovely, he sang, danced, performed. It was niceeee. 7.5/10.

IMMACULATE:     Vulindela – Brenda Fassie

GABBIE- I Loved and enjoyed this. 8.5/10

L- It was niceeee. 8/10.

 FINAL THOUGHTS.

GABBIE- Judges saved Immaculate – I dint see them saving anyone else. She pulled out her guns tonight.
Faculty saved Nini – Over Roland????  Oh well, she dint do badly tonight
Contestants saved Roland -  Kudos to him. He did good tonight
Sadly, my guy Simon and Jimoh were eliminated from the academy! I wish Simon was still in the academy L.  Good luck guys! Keep pushing, keep your dreams alive!

L-  Judges saved Immaculate, had no issue with that. Then the faculty or whatever they are called saved Nini. Nini? over Roland and even Jimoh? That was so partial and not nice. Contestants saved Roland. I'm Simon's biggest fan and i was shocked i wanted the contestants to save Roland. he deserved it. he has worked really hard. Unfortunately my Simon and Jimoh left the show. If there's any justice in the world Simon should have left with Nini.

Luckily for me i ran into Simon and Jimoh less than 24hours after their exit. I took a picture with Simon as a shameless fan. such a cool kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis