Tuesday 3 September 2013

#PFWA: ELIMINATION SHOW; End of the road for Johnny and Nancy.


The show started with tributes to Luther Vandross and Teddy Pendergrass as all the contestants did some of their hit tracks which eased off the tension in the air. All contestants were put on probation. Adora and Joseph called the names of contestants who wasn't saved by West Africa. Blessing, Jimoh, Johnny, David and Nancy emerged as the least 5.


BLESSING: Irreplaceable  - Beyonce

GABBIE- She piped down all the dramatics from last week’s performance. All in all, this is such a wrong song choice for Blessing. She struggled through some parts of the song. It wasn't good. 4/10.

LADY J- I still maintain that Blessing should stay away from King Bey's songs. She started nothing like Beyonce and so was the rest of the performance. She didn't deliver vocally, I didn't see any improvement whatsoever. 4/10.

L- I feel it was a bit better than last week's performance. I hate the theatrics, she needs to stop.5/10.

 DAVID: I just wanna be close to you – Maxi Priest

GABBIE- I liked this performance. It was cool and smooth. 7/10.

LADY J- Very fair effort, I noticed a lot of improvement. 6/10.

L- I enjoyed it. 7/10.

JIMOH:    Sacrifice – Elton John

GABBIE- Jimoh turned on his inner Miguel with that permed Mohawk going on.  I liked Jimoh’s performance. It was engaging. Crowd loved it too. 7/10.

LADY J- The only outstanding thing about this performance is the faux mohawk he had going on. It was plain boring and disoriented from the crowd. From the applause however, it looked like the crowd liked this performance, they had me wondering if I missed something. 3.5/10.

L- Jimoh tried, but is so obvious that guy can never ever be redeemed, He's so bland, it's worrying. 5/10.

 JOHNNY:   You’re beautiful – James Blunt

GABBIE- Johnny came prepared this time. I totally loved this performance. I was pleasantly surprised. Good job Johnny! 7.5/10.

LADY J- I thought Johnny's initial rendition of this number was great and he didn't deserve to be in the bottom 5 at all as it was easily his best performance in the academy yet. Today, he didn't sing this song as well as he did the last time but it was good regardless. 6/10.

L- It was nice, i liked it and the audience liked it. 7/10.

  NANCY:     Flash Dance – Irene Cara

GABBIE- I don’t know why Nancy performs this song like she’s practicing. It was just ok. No peak at all. 5/10

LADY J- This performance was ladened with lots of flat notes and shouting. 3/10.

L- all i heard was noise. 4/10.

Judges saved David, Faculty saved Jimoh and contestants saved Blessing. Nancy and Johnny were evicted.

FINAL THOUGHTS.

GABBIE-   David was saved by the Judges. No surprise there. Yay!!!!
 Jimoh was saved by the Faculty. Not bad seeing that he did well today
 Blessing was saved by the contestants. Hhhhhmmmmmmmm, I wish they had saved Johnny o! Cos Blessing was the weakest link this night. Lucky her.
 Johnny and Nancy were eliminated. I wish Johnny was saved by the contestants because he sang really well but these things happen. Good luck to Johnny and Nancy!

LADY J- The judges saved David, the faculty Jimoh and contestants saved Blessing,this saw the elimination of Johnny and Nancy. I think the most shocking thing for me is the faculty saving Jimoh because I thought Johnny put up a better fight.


  • L- Johnny was the best, The faculty messed up. Good luck in all you do Johnny. I wasn't surprised with Nancy's exit, for someone with a questionable attitude i didn't see anyone saving her.

PHOTOCREDIT: projectfamewestafrica.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis